MOVING SUCKS
Jess here: So, it has been awhile since we posted anything, and not to make excuses but we were moving!

Not very far, really just down the road. Goodness gracious our little family of five sure had a great deal of stuff to pack up and move. So glad our friends helped us move or we would still be moving. Me being the PRINCESS I am refused to lift anything heavy, well that worked for awhile. Until I was ready to just be done, so Sal and I beasted all the furniture out of the moving truck at like midnight Thursday night. Anyways, we are all moved in now, and LOVE our new place!! LOVE IT!!! It is a 3 bedroom apartment (I LOVE APARTMENT LIVING). Granite counter-tops with a GREAT Island in the kitchen. The master bathroom and closet are GIGANTIC and the other two rooms are great sizes as well. The best part is it is BRAND NEW So no one else has ever lived here. I love that :).

Sal didn't tell you much about our lifestyle in the first post, other than we are trying to eat more RAW/Whole foods, and go Vegetarian :). I am probably half hippy if not more. So with our three children, one is still in diapers, the other two are SUCCESSFULLY POTTY TRAINED! GO ME!!! Sal can take NO credit for that, as I am a stay at home mom and that responsibility fell mostly on me with the occasional, 'SAL IS THIS ENOUGH POOP' comments!! ;) So here goes, we use cloth diapers, breastfeed, co-sleep,follow a lot if not all of the attachment parenting principles, and as of yet the baby has not had a single vaccine. Our children are 3years (Isabella) 2years (Isaia) and 6months (Ian Matthew) and I have let Sal talk me into getting a puppy 8week (Boomer) who will be joining our family on Friday. We are a God centered home! We are active in our church in the marriage ministry and LOVE IT! We also serve with the Ushers and Greeters.

So with the MOVE came a new WASHER AND DRYER! OMGOSH I am the happiest housewife / mommy around NO JOKE! We got a Maytag 3000 series front-loaders! With three kids and Sal, you can imagine there is a lot of laundry, I am the only one in the house that wears the same outfit all day, everyone else I swear has to model their whole wardrobe daily. But in reality, we used to do 3 loads of laundry a day is that insane or what?
Now with our new and improved laundering system we are only doing 1 load a day (ish) we cloth diaper and I like to play with the new washer and dryer so, call it 2 loads right now :). These things are AMAZING, gigantic. I can fit all of our daily laundry in ONE LOAD! That is heavenly for me. I don't really have time to stand around switching laundry all day everyday.

We have a SUPER CRAZY, but organized life! I think I speak for both of us when I say that we wouldn't change a single thing about it. I am going to make a HUGE effort to get on here and blog daily, it may not always be interesting but at least it will be consistent!

Maybe I will post this weeks meal plan ... bare with me because its not completely vegetarian, or anything, we just started on the 1st :)


~Sal
& Jess


If you like what you are reading, please feel free to make yourself at home and subscribe to our feed. We promise you will wet yourself with laughter won't regret it.
|
3 Responses
  1. Tanktop DSP Says:

    Fun stuff... Is great to get a taste of the raw living at your house and then to turn around and come back to my fully un-healthy means of eating. Also next time I shop with Sal for groceries might have him revise the list so we go down a row once and don't double back as often as we did, I'm sure one of the staff members there thought we were weird with our odd conversation and singing to the songs on the PA.... Keep up the good work and I'll be more inclined to post more at my blog and site... lol [shameless plug, prmylife.net]


  2. Sal Says:

    I am super excited about trying more raw dishes this month. That chocolate sauce is AWESOME isn't it!?!


  3. Tanktop DSP Says:

    It was a little thick and hard to swallow, but still great, might be a way to help it thin out for my tastes, but for a first try it really went well!


  • Jess' Chipper

    Sal's Twitter

    Count By: